ESITO

Safework

Marble Recruitment

Top Energy

WAP Sheets ~ What the F$#@??

For anything that doesnt fit in anywhere else

WAP Sheets ~ What the F$#@??

Postby marty an ss nut » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:13 pm

We have got a couple of trainee's and today someone from ishyto(ESITO) turned up and told them,When doing your wap sheets tick the box's even if you observed the work being done??
Now don't tell me this is true :shock: If so what if they observed me doing G&B. Do they tick that! :roll:
Is this how good the system is, Or did our trainees misunderstand the info that was givin to them
If this is true we can look foreward to a few more deaths in our once was great industry.

unhappy camper :x
the reason they were told is becouse they were lagging behind on some things.
Sh$t does't just happen A@#holes Make it happen!
marty an ss nut

Postby otdrmn » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:31 pm

I'd be 100% confident that they need to actually be physically involved in the work..........not just an observer.
otdrmn

Postby nigel newton » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:54 am

Having come through the current system a couple of years ago i have to say that for an industry so potentially dangerous i was surprised at the almost"no fail"environment at line school,personally i think that a"final exam"system should be the go!!But the whole education system has gone all"unit standards".we have already had lineman(now qualified)from my course involved in near-miss or dubious incidents!!!!The system is way too P.C.failing&resitting/retraining could be the difference between a long career and a dead tradesman!
nigel newton

Postby otdrmn » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:36 am

Guys

Just a point to note passing the exam is only one component, it is up to the employing company to be satisified that the person they're about to register is of a certain standard.
I have on a couple of occassions not signed people off once they have passed the exam because I wasnt happy that they had made the grade yet.
We stuck them on a further internal training program to ensure they meet the standard before I would sign them off.
We must all take responsibility for the training and cetification of any new line mechanic....

Anyway enough of the preaching :D , lets go fishing, its the weekend afterall
otdrmn

Postby marty an ss nut » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:01 pm

otdrmn wrote:I'd be 100% confident that they need to actually be physically involved in the work..........not just an observer.

Well sorry according to the rooster I spoke from eshyto and long as he was part of the team(even if he was just observing)I cannot belive how PC we have become.And there is only so much WE can do,as there are outfits pushing to get there guys thru!
Remember they call it fast tracking.WELL I CALL IT A DEATH SENTANCE!

Marty
ps be safe!
marty an ss nut

Postby ladderman » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:15 am

I agree the system aint that flawless those who reigeme in our company had basicaly bluffed their way through and had bugger all airtime up the pole like it is with alot of contracting companies their main focus is time constraints all they tell us so is safety in the last few weeks alone we have had another cross polarity at another branch various few other switching incidents only counteracted by retraining persnoley i think if they are not suited to the role find something that is. Deal with it swiftly instead of leaving the poor bastard hanging out because it aint good on anyone in the team or at home. See alot of it going
ladderman

Postby heismyboss » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:54 pm

Thats crap, there is no way they should be signing off tasks they have not actually performed, if they watch the ITM fishing show do they tell everyone they went fishing?
"what did your last slave die of?"
"Talking back"
heismyboss

Postby marty an ss nut » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:38 pm

heismyboss wrote:Thats crap, there is no way they should be signing off tasks they have not actually performed, if they watch the ITM fishing show do they tell everyone they went fishing?

Same if they saw me driving the truck,I wounder what land transport would say?? :roll:
marty an ss nut

Postby otdrmn » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:01 pm

A response from ESITO, regarding the use of WAP sheets, many thanks to John McWilliam for taking the time to respond to your posts

There appears to be some confusion regards the use of the Work Activity Profile (WAPs). You must complete some of an activity before you are considered to have been involved in an activity. Observing DOES NOT count. Your trainee manual explains the process.

The WAP sheet has several columns under the word “Involvement”. Tick the “Some” box if you completed some of the activity. Tick the “Most” box if you completed most of the activity but not quite all of it. Tick the “All” box if you completed all of the activity.

I trust this clarifies the use of WAPs.

Regards

John McWilliam
Sales & Marketing Manager
ESITO - Electricity Supply Industry Training Organisation
otdrmn

Postby marty an ss nut » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:00 pm

Well he better speck to some of his men in the field who are visiting the trainees,Becouse they are still convinced that the lads should be filling it out even if they have observed.
But I am glad he has put it right.
marty an ss nut

Return to General stuff, Politics and BS