ESITO

Safework

Marble Recruitment

Top Energy

reduandancies

For anything that doesnt fit in anywhere else

reduandancies

Postby ladderman » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:02 pm

Hey guys just had the grim reaper come through the depots advising reduandcies and culling a few depots round the area goin to make it interesting for all the storms we have blow through our neck of the woods word is other reigions are in for the same treatment. How bloody nice of them to do it right on christmas hope santa leaves them a lump of coal. Just interested to know what other outfits are doing for restructuring and how they are going about.
ladderman

Postby marty an ss nut » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:41 am

We have been for the chop since last august,Just hanging on.
Sh$t does't just happen A@#holes Make it happen!
marty an ss nut

Postby fossillized » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:22 pm

talking layoffs,and sackings Tenix have laid off quite a few in the past few months, another 10 or more to go before the end of october 09 :twisted:
the boss is allwayz on my ass
fossillized

Postby squizzy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:01 pm

Looks like Tenix in Western Australia are getting ready to lay some guys off as well. Westnet Energy shut shop altogether December just gone. Thiess laid about 80 guys off in the last half of last year, Perth Power laid off 24 or so. West Coast energy seem to be going ok and rumours are saying that they may have picked up a heap of work - They are owned by North Power New Zealand...
squizzy

Postby squizzy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:40 am

Yep Western Power terminated the Power Alliance contract abit over a year into a 5 year contract. All Tenix and Downer guys are gone by no later than the 15th of March approx. 220 people out of work...
squizzy

Postby otdrmn » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:58 pm

squizzy wrote:Yep Western Power terminated the Power Alliance contract abit over a year into a 5 year contract. All Tenix and Downer guys are gone by no later than the 15th of March approx. 220 people out of work...

Thats not good, will the guys be able to pick jobs up with other contractors?

Or will the move to Melbourne as there seems to be heaps happening down there at the moment
otdrmn

Postby Mitch » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:27 pm

I know ENERGEX AU has a capped staff number and are not employing
Mitch

Postby squizzy » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:05 am

Some may move to Melbourne though not many. Western Power has some pretty big contracts poised to take off do most other contractors, well those that haven't already shut down, are just waiting to see who gets what. I have a real problem with the way this was done with over 20 appretices in their 3rd stage out fighting for jobs that Western Power should have guarenteed as they cancelled a 5 year contract only about 12 months into the deal. If they don't get picked up in the next 6 months by some one they have just wasted nearly 3 years. I myself am that disgusted by the whole thing that I am more than likely leaving all Western Power related work and contracting and heading North to build lines etc for the mining sector and I am not the only one, this is a disgrace and a damning one at that on this industry with the amount of blatant lies that have been told to our faces by people that already knew and were in a position to know and I had already found out that they new from others :x
squizzy

Postby squizzy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:54 pm

Heard over here that Tenix in New Zealand will be laying off a sh!t load of guys, I get laid off tomorrow morning so good luck over there and I hope it works out better than here. I have already got another job but heaps of people are still looking for work but there is some major new contracts kicking off in the next couple of weeks...
squizzy

Return to General stuff, Politics and BS